Few know that Egypt is officially known as the Arab republic of Egypt.
Travel to Egypt has been gaining popularity in the last few years. Especially as it’s easily accessible from Dubai, Oman, and Qatar in the Middle East. Therefore its an easy and quick getaway for tourists who want to do both.
A tourist visa entails travelers to a 90-day validity visa in which a stay for 30 days is allowed. Meaning, a tourist can stay only 30 days from the arrival date in Egypt. This visa can be directly applied to the Egypt Embassy/ Consular Office in your city. Currently, the Embassy of Egypt is in New Delhi while the Consular office is located in Mumbai. As there is no provision for E-Visa as yet, you will have to submit your documents to the office. However, you can use an agent to do the same for you provided they have a valid authorization letter from you. The process is simple and there is no interview involved. Just fill the required forms properly and provide requested documents. Only if the applicant has a fresh passport without any travel history, then he or she may be asked to attend an interview with the Egyptian immigration official.
A single entry Tourist visa for Egypt cost Rupees 1,900. You can get the visa in 2 to 3 working days. Documents required to obtain a tourist visa for Egypt are mentioned below.
- Original Passport.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of submission of the visa. Passport must have a minimum of two blank pages.
- Two copies of the first and last page of your passport
- 2 recent passport-size color photographs. These must be taken against a white background with matte-finish (phot size dimensions 35 mm x 45 mm)
- Visa application form duly filled in and also signed by the applicant.
- Covering letter to the Counselor stating the purpose and duration of the visit.
- Travel Itinerary
- Confirmed return air tickets
- Confirmed hotel bookings
- Original Bank statement for the last 6 months. Should have a minimum balance of Rs. 50,000. The bank statements must be attested (stamped and signature) by your bank official.
- Last 3 years Income Tax Return and Pan Card (not mandatory)
Embassy of Egypt in Delhi
1-50 M, Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Phone – 011 26114096 – 011 26114097
Consulate General of Egypt in Mumbai
101 Benhur Apartments, 32, Narayan Dabholkar Road, Navshanti Nagar, Malabar Hill,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006
Phone – 022 2367 6422
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – https://www.mfa.gov.eg/English/Pages/default.aspx