Some important facts about Malaysia eNTRI Visa System.
There appears to be a lot of confusion around the Malaysia eNTRi visa. I have written this blog to solve all issues.
eNTRI is an online Visa system started by Malaysia, whereby you do not have to go to any embassy and can apply as well as get Visa Authorization online within 24-48 hours itself. It’s extremely easy and money saving as well.
In March 2017, Malaysia Government had introduced the eNTRI visa system. It stands for “Electronic Travel Registration & Information”. It is a form of Visa Waiver Programme online registration and processing facility to facilitate the entrance of Indian Nationals into Malaysia. An eNTRI Note will be issued as proof of the registration and it is required to be presented upon arrival in Malaysia. This facility allows tourists a single entry to Malaysia and stays for up to 15 days. Post successful Visa process, the applicants will be emailed their eNTRI Note document. This document must be presented by the traveler upon arrival in Malaysia.
One major advantage of eNTRI visa process is that travelers can receive their Visa in just one hour if they select urgent processing. The reason behind this is that the type of visa does not require review by the Malaysian government. It is issued automatically if you meet all the visa Terms and Conditions.
However, there are some conditions to be noted w.r.t entry into and exit from Malaysia. The applicants must have a direct flight from India to Malaysia and direct return flight ticket from Malaysia to India or via Singapore, Thailand or Brunei by air or land, is permitted to enter Malaysia and exit Malaysia via the following Entry/Exit points:
By air, you are allowed access to all authorized Malaysian air entry and exit points.
By Land only the following options are aplicable:
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor 2. Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Itam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujoh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
Please note that if you do not fulfill the above conditions, your application will be rejected.
eNTRI Note can only be applied through the official website and the validity period is 90 DAYS from your eNTRI issuance date. The cost is 20 USD. In case of any confusion, there is a very helpful chat support team available online and they will be able to help you out.
Please ensure that you apply for the eNTRI registration at least 48 hours before your departure to Malaysia. Applicants are not allowed to apply for eNTRI 24 hours before departure.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY
- Confirmed onward and return Flight tickets.
- Scan of the first page and last page of Passport with validity of at least 6 months
- Scan of latest passport size photo.
- Proof of accommodation
- Online payment of 20 USD.
Applicants must have a round-trip ticket back to India. Their flight route can be direct or via Singapore, Thailand or Brunei only. All tourists are permitted to ONLY enter and exit Malaysia via the following airports:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport ,
- Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2) Penang International Airport,
- Pulau PinangLangkawi International Airport,
- Kedah Melaka International Airport,
- Melaka Senai International Airport,
- Johor Kuching International Airport,
- Sarawak Miri International Airport,
- Sarawak Kota Kinabalu International Airport,
- Sabah Labuan International Airport,
OR via the following land-ports:
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint,
- Johor Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint,
- Johor Padang Besar Checkpoint,
- Perlis Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint,
- Kedah Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint,
- Sarawak Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint,
- The following documents are expected to be shown upon arrival at Malaysia’s Entry checkpoints:
- Copy of the eNTRI Note.
- Full travel Itinerary.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Boarding Pass (proof of which country you have traveled from).
- Confirmed Tickets coming in and leaving Malaysia.
- Proof of sufficient funds (Cash/ Debit or Credit Cards / ATM Cards etc)